If you, or someone you love and care for, are trying to find health services, support or information for an illness or disease, there
are actions you can take to help get the best possible health care.
This guide created by the Health Charities Coalition of Canada (HCCC) can help you learn how to:
• Understand the health care system
• Find the information and services you need
• Review and Evaluate the information you find
• Talk with your doctor or health care provider
• Ask for a second opinion
• Manage your condition
• Pay for your medication
• Participate in a clinical trial
• Advocate and ask for the support you need
This resource is also available in French.