Prostate Cancer Canada Network Ottawa is a volunteer organization of prostate cancer survivors and our supporters who's aim is help men recently diagnosed with prostate cancer, promote awareness of this disease and the associated issues, and provide support for men and their families who continue to live with recurrent cancer. Services offered include:
- Telephone contact to assist patients experiencing their first confrontation with diagnosis and treatment questions (note: medical advice is not provided)
- Mentoring sessions for newly diagnosed patients where discussion takes place with other prostate cancer survivors and information kits are distributed
- Monthly meetings where patients can obtain information, attend presentations on prostate cancer topics, and meet with other prostate cancer patients/survivors
- Matching of patients so they may share, hear first hand experiences, and form a personal support group
- A monthly newsletter that describes the association's activities, events, and reports on interesting medical news.